We are now seeing a transformation from the traditional education system to the modern one with unique advantages and benefits like the fee management system. Growing from very basic to the education system concentrates on the subject and the child’s overall development. This article will discuss holistic education and its advantages and drawbacks.
Talking About Holistic Education
In simple terms, it is the development of children in all fields, including livelihood skills, economic, emotional, social, and physical development.
- Holistic education focuses on the interconnectivity of children with others. e.gThe student’s connection with the environment focuses on sustainable development; thus, the child is more connected with the citizens and has ethical values.
- This education system entirely focuses on the mental health of the child. Even if they are not doing well or developing, the teachers’ primary focus is to see the child as a well-rounded, happier, and socially active member. Hence, there is less chance of the child being depressed or having negative feelings.
- Experiential learning – this education system mainly focuses on learning outside the class. Thus students learn from the community, art, and learning from others.
Comparison Between The Traditional And Holistic Education
- Traditional learning systems usually focus on the rational development of the child where the teachers have all the power. At the same time, the hostile education system focuses on the overall development of a child, including physical, mental, and emotional.
- The traditional education system is exam-oriented, where students’ growth is only analyzed by their marks, and their evaluation is based on it. At the same time, the education system is based on the overall development of a child. At the end of the year, it is considered how much a child is happy and how they discover more intellectual development.
- Holistic education gives free development of the mind and heart of the child in the artist, academic and practical aspects of learning. At the same time, traditional education is more about mugging up the concepts for academic development. Although various changes are now adopted, the primary focus is on academics.
- Hostility education is more about children’s connection with the environment and community as they are well equipped with school information management systems, LMS, ERP, and more. In the traditional education system, connection with the environment is just in the book.
- The most fundamental difference is that the holistic system is more about learning things outside the class, whereas the traditional approach is about learning something in the class.
- In the traditional system, there is no curriculum for the child, and thus, there are few interaction classes compared to the hostile education system.
- The hostility education system tries to focus on Gandhi’s primary education and the value of education. At the same time, no such things will be available in the traditional education system.
More About Holistic Education System
- It doesn’t limit the children to the academic aspect of learning. So in this world of competition, if two nations are based on the holistic education system and the learning education system, the candidate of the education system nation can be more into the math and science world.
- Young children up to 9- 10 years may get involved in the hostile education system, which helps make a solid foundation.
- It’s experimental and fun – these are mostly very experimental, and children can develop new skills here. For example, in summer classes, parents usually spend a lot of money, and it’s very time-consuming.
- Improve overall performance- As in the world of competition, parents always want their children to come first in the classroom. So everyone wants their child to excel academically but also look out for mental peace. So they prefer a hostile education system.