The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Exam to select candidates for the various posts in Central Government. The UPSC exam is held every year, and thousands of candidates appear for it. As you must be knowing that UPSC exams are conducted in two sections and those are prelims and mains. The prelims exams have two papers and the mains have nine papers.
What are the subjects on the UPSC Prelims and Mains paper?
The UPSC Prelims exam consists of the following subjects:
- General Science
- Indian Polity
- Economic and Social Development and more.
The UPSC Mains exam consists of the following subjects:
- Technology and many more.
The candidates get an option to choose from the above list of UPSC subjects.
Learn More About UPSC Exam
The UPSC Mains exam is an important part of the selection process for civil services. The questions in this exam will test your knowledge of various subjects and there are different sections for each subject. You will be asked to answer both objective and subjective questions. Once you clear UPSC prelims, the next step is to fill out the UPSC main application form. It has many sections where the candidate has to fill in educational, employment, parental, and personal information by uploading the documents and finally submitting them.
You might see that some of the categories are already filled with your information. It is because it gets stored at the time of prelims online application form filling. It is suggested to fill the form properly and with utmost concentration as you cannot change the filled information again once it is submitted. So it’s better to be extra careful and check the information stored twice before clicking on submit. You can also keep a copy of the same for your reference.
What are the Tips and Tricks to Prepare for UPSC Exam?
- One of the most important parts of the preparation for the UPSC exam is to be well aware of current affairs. They should start preparing for it for quite a long time. It takes a year to finally be updated about all the current affairs.
- You can prepare for this subject through magazines, Newspapers, Political weekly, press information, and online sources like the BYJUS exam prep website.
- You must know the exam well. It means that you must know all the details regarding the exams like UPSC Mains syllabus, exam pattern, marking scheme, and much more.
- Practice through mock tests or sample papers. Make sure you set the time before starting to answer the questions given in the mock test paper. That would help you to practice to complete the exam within the stipulated time.
- Before directly jumping to solving the example papers, you must concentrate on strengthening your basics using NCERT books.
- You must use standard books according to your chosen subject to practice for this exam. You must also prepare notes while studying from these books as it would help you to remember the important points and also revise them time and again.
- Practice Answer Writing while solving the mock test. It’s all about your attitude towards this exam. If you’re dedicated and disciplined to crack this exam, you must write answers exactly in the same way as is expected with full details.
- YOu must also strategise your learning on the basis of the subjects chosen. As each subject is different and so should be its preparation strategy.
UPSC Prelims and Mains are very important exams on the national l, level. To achieve success in clearing this exam, one needs to be determined. He must have a vision and plan to achieve this success. Online websites like BYJUS exam prep not only help to provide the UPSC exam syllabus but also provides tips and tricks to clear this exam with flying colours.